Join the Erie Construction Council, Inc.
Who Is Eligible for Membership?
Individuals, partnerships, companies or corporations engaged in general contracting or subcontracting on building construction work, who employ Members of labor organizations with which the Council negotiates, are eligible for “General Contractor Membership” or “Subcontractor Membership” respectively.
The following individuals, partnerships, companies or corporations are eligible for “Associate Membership”
- Those having business relations with others engaged in the building construction industry.
- Those who furnish building construction materials, equipment or supplies to the industry.
- Those representing manufacturing concerns related to the construction industry.
- Those otherwise eligible to be a General Contactor Member or Subcontractor Member, but who do not employ Members of labor organizations with which the Council negotiates, but who elect nevertheless to be an Associate Member in lieu thereof.
- Those who provide specific services to the construction industry such as Architects, Engineers, other Industry Trade Associations, and other industry service providers, including, but not limited to, legal, financial, insurance/bonding, consultants, etc., are also eligible for membership.
- General Contractor Members: General Contractors who employ tradeworkers from Unions with whom the Erie Construction Council bargains collectively.
- Subcontractor Members: Subcontractors who employ tradeworkers from Unions with whom the Erie Construction Council bargains collectively. (Bricklayers, Carpenters, Cement Masons, Drywall Finishers, Laborers, Painters, Roofers and Operating Engineers.
- Associate Subcontractor Members: Subcontractors who employ Union tradeworkers from Unions with whom the Erie Construction Council does not bargain collectively. (Asbestos Workers, Electricians, Elevator Constructors, Glaziers, Insulators, Iron Workers, Plasterers, Tile, Plumbers & Fitters, HVAC, Sheet Metal, Sprinkler Fitters, Teamsters.)
- Associate Supplier Members: Firms who supply materials and equipment to General Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Associate–Others: Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Insurance Companies, Law Firms, Financial Institutions and others providing services or activities involved in the construction industry.
- Honorary Members: Individuals or companies who have been recognized by the Erie Construction Council for long meritorious service and support of the organization.
The Membership Dues structure for the various classes of membership is determined by the Board of Directors of the Erie Construction Council and may vary from time to time. Contact the Erie Construction Council Office for more information.
To join the Erie Construction Council, Inc., download the Application for Membership form then complete and return to: ECCStaff@ErieConstructionCouncil.com or mail to:
Erie Construction Council, Inc.
2233 EBCO Drive
Erie, PA 16506-6919